How to calculate payout for a lay bet on 1×2 betting?
Unlike bookmakers betting on the 1×2, you can also bet the result. For example, suppose you play Team A against Team B at an odds of 2.68 with a £100 bet.
Similar to calculating the payout for back bet, there are two phases of lay bet.
Step 1: Calculate return excluding commission
Odds * Stake = £ return
|In our example: £100 = £100
Therefore if the game ended in a Team B win, or a draw your bet would win, giving you a £100 profit (before commission).
Step 2: Calculate return with commission
The next stage is to calculate betting profit, taking into account trading commissions. In Smarkets-2% commission of net profit, you can use the following calculation method:
Stake * 0.98 = profit
|In our example that would be: 100 * 0.98 = £98
Therefore, you will be charged a commission of £2, which means your profit will be £98.
When placing bets on the betting exchange, you should be aware of your responsibility for the bet-the amount you need to pay if the game ends with Team A’s victory. This explains how to calculate the liability of the exchange.
For this example if the game had ended in a Team A win, your liability would have been deducted, resulting in a loss of £130.
Football winning guide
- What does 0-2 mean in sports September 15, 2022
- How to calculate payout for a lay bet on 1×2 betting? November 6, 2021
- How to calculate payout for a back bet on 1×2 betting? November 6, 2021
- How to Boost your Chances of Big Wins in 1x2bet? November 5, 2021
- What is the difference between probability and odds? November 2, 2021
- How does a 1X2 bet work? October 27, 2021
- How do you convert odds to percentages? October 26, 2021
- How to convert odds to probability October 26, 2021
- How do you calculate margin odds? October 26, 2021
- How do you calculate 1X2 odds? October 26, 2021